One of the most recurring questions i get :
What autoresponder works best ? Aweber or Getresponse
First let me explain you what Aweber and Getresponse do.
They both offer email marketing services like hosting for your mailing list,
template tools for creating beautiful newsletters and sending emails to your list.
One of the best email marketing solutions they both offer is their autoresponder.
An autoresponder is a must have tool in our business.
Once set up, it lets you automate the communication to your subscribers and sends out e-mail series in pre-defined intervals.
I found a really nice infographic to explain what an autoresponder is used for
Let me show you an example i use :
As soon as someone subscribes to one of my offers, my autoresponder immediately sends out a simple welcome message to introduce myself.
On day 5 my autoresponder sends out another pre-set e-mail checking up if they had time to check out the offer.
On day 10 it sends out a message to take a look at my blog for more information about the offer they have opt-in for.
On day 15 i have set up an e-mail to follow me on social media..
Now, this is just one example of some of the basic features these email list management tools offer,
but now you have an idea what they can do for you and why you should use an auto responder.
Aweber Pricing versus Getresponse Pricing
When we compare both pricing plans they offer, you will find Get Response will be the overal winner.
Especially when you are just starting out and have less than 1000 subscribers, you could save some money going with GetResponse.
Also Getresponse offers an annual discount, which is currently not available at Aweber.
Here’s a comparison of their subscription plans (oct 2015) :
GetResponse Pricing :
– 1,000 subscribers : $15 /month ( or $12.30 annual discount)
– 2,500 subscribers : $25 /month ( or $20.50 annual discount)
– 5,000 subscribers : $45 /month ( or $36.90 annual discount)
– 10,000 subscribers : $65 /month ( or $53.30 annual discount)
– 25,000 subscribers : $145 /month ( or $118.90 annual discount)
– 50,000 subscribers : $250 /month ( or $205 annual discount)
– 100,000 subscribers : $450 /month ( or $369 annual discount)
More than 100,000 subscribers : request a quotation at Getresponse
AWeber Pricing :
– 500 subscribers : $19 per month
– 2,500 subscribers : $29 per month
– 5,000 subscribers : $49 per month
– 10,000 subscribers : $69 per month
– 25,000 subscribers : $149 per month
More than 25,000 subscribers : request a quotation at Awebber
Review Features Getresponse vs Aweber
Both are great email marketing solutions, and both offer a wide variety of email marketing solutions.
Let’s take a look at what key features they both offer you :
– Capture all data you want ( email, name, adress , phone , your own fields)
– Make your own capture pages
– A variety of newsletter templates
– Autoresponder functionality which we talked about earlier in this post
– All sorts of statistics you will ever need to track and evaluate your e-mail lists and newsletters
– Integration with third parties software
– HTML5 responsive e-mail templates. Mobile friendly
– Importing your existing email databases and mailinglist.
– A/B Split Testing
– Make landing pages
It all comes down to this
Apart of some minor differences, both are top notch e-mail marketing services.
Getrespons has a small advantage for being cheaper , especially when you go for the annual plan.
Besides that , they both have all the features you will ever need.
I’ve talked to hundreds of people in our industry and asked them which autoresponder they use.
Here’s what i’ve found out.
50% getresponse vs 45% aweber.
5% use both of them. When i asked why ? They test both systems to find out which works best.
One other thing the 5% told me that for some reason they noticed that getresponse deliverability rates are slightly better.
Yes, everyone has it’s own favorite autoresponder for several personal reasons.
So it all comes down to what you find best fit for your needs or your business.
My advice : Aweber or Getresponse ?
Both services offer a free 30 days trial.
There is only one disadvantage about Aweber’s free trial.
You will need to enter your credit card details when you want to join. Even for the free trial.
My advice is take them both for a spin first and test out what email service you like best and then decide.
YOUR CHOICE !
– Getresponse now offers a time-travel feature which delivers emails based on the users local time zone.
– Getrespons released it’s new form builder.
Please comment below if this autoresponder review has made your choice just a little easier or just share your thoughts.
Online Marketing , Brand Building & Leadgeneration Strategist for Online Business Owners
Helping Online Entrepreneurs Just Like You Build A Profitable Home Based Business By Leveraging Online Marketing Tools
PS: Discover my secret 6 Steps To 6 Figures
P.P.S. You can Stop Struggling Today. Check out the one simple system that I use to generate 10 to 15 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) Click Here To Learn More